Interesting name for a Chicken dish. Manok ng mga Bayani, is chicken simmered in bold textures of dill, kamias, ground peanuts and toasted rice is inspired by no less than President Manuel Luis Quezon who hailed from Baler, Aurora. This recipe was shared by Ilustrado, the home of heritage Filipino-Spanish cuisine during a demo at Maya Kitchen. They gave us a glimpse of our country’s culinary history from our heroes’ hometowns . I am sure you will love this slightly tart taste of kamias with the herby chicken dish.
This is good for 4 persons.
1 k chicken cut into serving pieces
½ cup cooking oil
1 tbsp crush garlic
1 pc medium sliced onion
10 pcs kamias (sliced)
1tbsp thyme herb
¼ cup toasted rice
½ cup toasted peanut
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub chicken with salt and pepper then set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In a heated pan, fry chicken with oil until light brown, set- aside.
3. Sauté garlic, onion, kamias and thyme in a separate pan. Then put the chicken meat in the same pan, add the stock and continue cooking over low- fire until the meat is tender.
4. Add toasted peanuts and rice then continue to simmer until the sauce is reduced.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste then serve.