Leche Flan Recipe
There are many versions on how to bake Leche Flan. I have shared my mom’s recipe on Leche Flan. Like I said before, the perfect flan is such that when you slice through it, it barely quivers like jello. There is very little syneresis, that is, no weeping (or lots of holes in it!). Surprisingly, I know a lot of people who likes holes in their Leche Flan. Of course, I prefer mine to be smooth I’d like to share with you another Leche Flan Recipe which is richer than my mom’s recipe because the egg whites are removed.
2 cans of Evaporated Milk
1 teaspoon lemon Rind
1 cup white sugar
8 egg yolks
For Caramel syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1. Prepare caramel syrup by melting sugar in a heavy pan. Caution (be careful when youdo this)- As soon as the sugar turns golden brown, add 1/2 cup hot water to dissolve the caramelized sugar and form the syrup.
Set aside 1/2 cup for the leche flan.
Line the mold with caramel syrup before pouring in mixture for baking.
Another Method of Caramelization: Check out Leche Flan Recipe
2. Heat the milk in a double boiler for 15 minutes.
3. Beat egg yolks.
4. Add sugar, milk, and the lemon rind. Pour mixture in the mold pan filled with caramel syrup.
5. Place mold in a large pan half-filled with water.
6. Bake for about 1 hour or until mixture becomes firm. (you can also steam it)
7. Cool before removing from the mold.
Google+ Recommend this recipe?