Chicken Adobo in Coconut cream is my favorite adobo of all time. It’s actually a comfort food, a childhood memory. Sadly, I don’t often cook this because two family members don’t really like dishes with coconut milk. This is actually simple to cook. If you don’t have time to prepare coconut milk, just use the ready to mix coconut milk powder at the grocery.
1/2 head garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 1/2 kilos chicken cut into serving pieces
2 tablespoons cooking oil (I prefer Pure Olive Oil)
2 cups thin coconut cream (Check on how to prepare coconut cream or buy 2 packs coconut milk powder)
salt and pepper to taste
1 small green papaya (cubed)
1/3 cup vinegar
2 cups thick coconut cream (Check on how to prepare coconut cream or buy 2 packs coconut milk powder)
1. Prepare coconut cream or if you are busy, just buy 2 packs coconut milk powder and follow instructions.
2. In a saucepan, saute garlic, onion and chicken pieces in hot oil.
2. Pour thin coconut cream and simmer for a few minutes.
3. When chicken is almost done, add the papaya, vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to boil and add the thick cream.
5. Cook 5 more minutes until sauce thickens.