Brown arroz caldo with turmeric
I first came across an arroz caldo dish made from brown rice and turmeric from Slice High Brown Arroz caldo. I loved it so much that I made my very own brown arroz caldo. With a recent vacation from Batanes, I bought turmeric (yellow ginger) powder .
This is how I cooked brown arroz caldo. (You can use your own arroz caldo recipe but just substitute with brown rice and add the turmeric powder)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
1/2 kilo chicken breast in serving pieces
1 onion , chopped
1 1/2 cup brown rice
6 cups chicken broth
2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
3 tbsps cooking oil
spring (green) onions , chopped
sliced Boiled egg
1. Boil the chicken well until tender. Keep 6 cups of chicken broth.
2. Saute garlic in cooking oil until golden brown. Set aside the toasted garlic for garnishing.
3. Saute onions and minced ginger in the same heated oil.
4. add brown rice , broth and boil.
5. Stir occasionally until the consistency is like a porridge.
6. Add the chicken and turmeric powder. Add pepper and patis to taste.
7. Top with toasted garlic, spring onions, eggs. Serve with calamansi