Baking a birthday cake can be a daunting task but that didn’t stop me from baking and show my labor of love to my 21 year old daughter. I begged off from icing a cake so I asked her “will blueberry cheesecake do?”
Fortunately she agreed. Topped with a lone pink birthday candle, my daughter made her birthday wish.
My blueberry cheesecake is not very sweet. Topped with ready-made blueberry filling easily makes it sweet. Actually you can choose any toppings for the cheesecake but the kids prefer blueberry.
Here is my recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake:
1 3/4 cup Graham Crackers Crumbs
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter
2 packages (8 oz size) Cream Cheese
1 cup Sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cup sour cream
and Blueberry filling (bought in cans at the supermarket)
1. Mix all crust ingredients together.
2. Press the mixture into bottom and side of 9″ inch spring form pan. Set Aside. Chill until ready to use.
3. Combine eggs, Cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
4. Blend in sour cream.
5. Pour into crust.
6. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour.
8. Chill 4 to 5 hours.
9. Top with Blueberry filling.
Google+ Recommend this recipe?