Chef Ariel Manuel of Lolo Dad’s shared this simple recipe as one of the dishes he prepared for “Simplicity of Flavors” at the Maya Kitchen. The usual lasagne preparation with layers and layers of pasta is usually more complicated than this recipe. I am sure you will enjoy the simplicity of this preparation and yet enjoy the rich , satisfying seafood dish. Try it.
Lasagne noodles 8 pcs.
Prawns 200 g.
Garlic (sliced) 40 g.
Olive oil 300 ml.
Bread crumbs 40 g.
Scallops 100 g.
Mussels 150 g.
White wine for deglazing
Mixed mushrooms (sliced) 100 g.
Prawn head oil 40 ml.
Fresh tomato (peeled, seeded and diced) 120 g.
Salt and freshly crushed black peppercorns
Fresh parsley (coarsely chopped) 2 sprigs
1. Cook lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté prawns in garlic and olive oil.
3. On a heated stockpot, cook mussels in garlic and olive oil, then deglaze it with white wine, cover it and wait until all the shells are open. Drain mussels and discard shells without meat.
4. Strain mussel juice and thicken with breadcrumbs. In a large skillet, sear both sides of the scallops.
5. In another pan, sauté mushrooms and add shellfish and fresh tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
6. Bring to medium heat then fold in the mussel stock. Arrange pasta and shellfish alternately. Apply some prawn head oil and parsley in between.
Yield: 4 servings