One of my favorite fastfood item is Kentucky Friend Chicken but it is quite pricey if one feeds a whole family. Imagine if one can cook Kentucky Style Fried Chicken? My sister gave me this recipe to try out.
1 chicken (about 1 kilo), cut into serving pieces total 9 pieces.
1. Marinate the chicken pieces using the following marinade for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight
- 1 tablespoon calamansi juice
2 teaspoons Knorr seasoning
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2. Dip each piece of chicken in a mixture of 1 beaten egg mixed with 1/4 cup milk; then dip in all-purpose flour. OR
Pour egg-milk mixture over chicken pieces, then place in flour. Shake off excess.
(note: Make slits in the chicken pieces so that it’s easier to marinate)
3. Refrigerate 1 hour.
4. Then dip chicken in all-purpose flour again.
(note: why refrigerate? so coating of flour will stick effecively.
5. Deep fry until light brown. Place on top of cake racks with tray underneath. Bake in a pre-heated over 350 F for 10 minutes. Serve with gravy.
Fry (not necessarily deep-fry, but as long as oil reaches 1/2 depth of chicken pieces. Cool. Re-fry instead of baking for the extra crispiness.
Put in a saucepan and cook over fire, stirrring constantly with wire whip:
- 1 Knorr Beef cube
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsps Knorr seasonings
2 cup water
3 Tablespoons oil (from where you fried the chicken)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce