I don’t know if you drink that Milo Chocolate drink as a kid. Milo is added to hot or cold milk to give it a malted chocolate flavour and extra texture. I love also eating the Milo on a teaspoon. One day, I experimented with the Milo Brownies recipe just so I can get my dose of that Milo flavor again. It does not have the chocolate goodness apparent in most fudge brownies but it has its own unique flavor.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted margarine or btter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup Milo
1/2 cup Chopped nuts
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt.
2. Beat eggs very well, then slowly pour margarine , beating constantly.
3. Blend in sugar and vanilla.
4. Add the ingredients in number 1 and stir until smooth.
5. Beat in Milo, then chopped nuts.
6. Pour into greased and paper-lined 8″ square pans.
7. Bake at 325 F for 30-40 minutes or test for doneness.
9. As soon as taken from oven turn out of pan and remove paper.
10. Cut into squares