Cheese cupcakes is now sold commercially in supermarkets for kids to bring as “baon” to school. It is not quite the same Cheese cupcake mom used to bake in our bakeshop. Cheese cupcakes are supposed to have that distinct “cheese” taste. Here is a recipe that will surely give you that tasty cheesy cupcake.
1 bar margarine (225 grams)
2/3 cup white sugar
grated cheese (around 125 grams/ less than half a box of 225 grams cheese pack. Leave some for toppings)
4 pieces whole eggs
2 cans condensed milk
5 cups all purpose flour
Vanilla flavor (mix with milk)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Cream margarine and sugar until light, at low speed then high speed.
2. Add cheese to creamed mixture, at low speed.
3. Add eggs in 3 stages.
4. Add milk and flour alternately, starting and ending with flour, at low speed.
5. If creamed mixture curdles, add a little flour to make it smooth.
6. If the final cake batter is THIN, add some flour to get the right thick consistency.
7. When cupcakes are almost cooked, take out of oven for a while and add grated cheese on top.
8. Bake at 375 F for 20- 30 minutes.
This cupcake is not expected to rise in volume. It is compact and heavy
29 thoughts on “Cheese Cupcake”