This isn’t an original recipe. My sister got it from an American cookbook. Spanish rice pairs so well Chicken Cannelloni. This was very popular in our home in 1978 to 1980. I can just taste it now!
4 strips of bacon
1/2 cup thinly-sliced onion
2-1/2 cups peeled, cubed tomatoes
1/4 cup green bell pepper, cut into strips
2 tsps. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 clove of garlic, minced
dash of pepper
1-1/2 cups cooked rice
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Fry the bacon until crisp; remove from the wok. When cool, crumble the bacon into “bacon bits.”
2. Add the onions, tomatoes, green bell peppers, salt, paprika, garlic, and pepper to the bacon drippings in the wok. Cook until vegetables are transparent and slightly wilted.
3. Fold in the rice and crumbled bacon into the wok’s mixture.
4. Place the mixture in a casserole dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Serve hot. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Google+ Recommend this recipe?