Mango Sago dessert
Here’s another favorite mango dessert that’s easy to cook. You can add ice to make a chilly dessert perfect for this warm weather.
1/4 cup small sago pearls
3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
2 cups water
2/3 cups evaporated milk
6 tablespoons coconut cream (optional)
1 cup mango puree
2 mangoes (cubed)
Cooking the sago
1. Soak sago pearls in water for 30 mins.
2. Boil water in a saucepan and add the sago.
3. Boil the sago cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Cover the saucepan with a lid and let stand for 30 minutes.
5. Run cold running water on the sagos to cool the sago and keep the sago from being overcooked.
6. Drain the sago in a colander.
Making the Mango Sago
1. Dissolve the sugar with the water in a saucepan.
2. Cool the sugar-water mixture before adding the evaporated milk and mango puree. Stir well.
3. Add water or milk for the desired mango base consistency.
4. Add in the mango cubes and drained cooked sago.
5. Chill in the refrigerator.
6. Serve cold.