Buko Pandan dessert
This is the buko pandan that I ate at my cousin’s birthday party. The taste of Buko pandan dessert never fails to tempt me. The green and white colors lures you to take a bite. Here is a buko pandan recipe .
Buko Pandan Salad
8 leaves of Pandan – cleaned well
5 Buko (Coconut)not too hard, not too soft- Grated to strips
Water from 5 Buko (approx. 10 cups)
3 small cans of Nestle Cream
1 medium can of Condensed Milk
2 bars of Green Gulaman
1 3/4 Cups Sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
1 cup Kaong (optional)
1. Boil buko water from 5 coconuts together with 8 pandan leaves that are individually twisted to break the fibers and expose the juice. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Before adding 2 bars of gulaman, make sure you remove the pandan leaves and check if the remaining coconut water is equal to 8 cups – 1 bar of gulaman is good for 4 cups of liquid. If it is not 8 cups, less will mean hard gulaman and more than 8 cups will result in mushy soft gulaman. Ensuring gulaman is well-dissolved stir well. Add sugar while mixing. Do this for 5 minutes.
3. Pour through a strainer into cooling trays. Wait till it cools and hardens, then put in fridge.
4. Meanwhile, mix the grated buko with the 3 cans of cream and 1 can of condensed milk.
5. Add kaong if you prefer.
6. Get gulaman from ref and cut into 1 cm cubes. Mix with buko mixture.
7. Put 2 cups of the buko pandan salad into one lunch box and give to Jojo Basug as a complement.
If you want a sugar free buko pandan recipe, try ,Gene Gonzales recipe
Buko Pandan Salad
Ingredients: 1 cup fresh buko meat; 1/2 tsp. pandan flavor for dressing; 1 cup cream; 1/4 cup coconut powder; 1-1/2 tbsps. Sweet’N Low for dressing
Gulaman: 8 tbsp. unflavored gelatin; 1 cup water; 1/2 cup Sweet’N Low; 1 cup water; 1 tbsp. pandan flavor; 2 drops green food color
Procedure: Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup water and bring to boil. Set aside. Add 1 cup water. When cool add pandan flavor, green food color and Sweet’N Low.
There should also be an alternative to the cream as it can be high in fat content.
Google+ Recommend this recipe?