Polvoron (Powdered Milk Candy) Recipes
A reader requested for a polvoron recipe so she could sell it and earn a little money from it. It is so easy to make polvoron. There are many variations on it. Here are a few of my favorite polvoron recipes.
4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered milk
1 1/2 cups refined sugar
1 cup butter
1. Prepare the japanese paper for the polvoron molds.
2. In a large wok, toast the flour with a wooden spoon. You’ll know that it’s done when you smell that distinctive cooked flavor. (The flour is now dextrinized).
3. Cool down the mixture.
4. Add the powdered milk and sugar.
5. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until it is incorporated smoothly into the flour-milk-sugar mixture.
6. Mold into polvoron.
7. Wrap in japanese paper.
8. Store in a cool, dry place.
Yield: around 80 pieces of the standard mould
My sister’s version
1/2 cup powdered skim milk
1-1/3 cup sugar, not confectioners’ sugar
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 bar of refrigerated butter, softened to room temperature
(Just follow the same directions as above to prepare and mould the polvoron)
Rolled Oats Polvoron
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 bar
1. Brown rolled oats in a dry pan over low heat. Stir constantly under moderate fire. Cool.
2. Add sugar, powdered milk, melted butter. Mix well and shape in polvoron molds.
3. Wrap in colored paper.
Google+ Recommend this recipe?