I am not too fond of deep fried foods so whenever I cook this, I use Olive oil which is the healthier oil. I love dipping it though with vinegar and garlic sauce. I will show you two ways to prepare Lumpia Ubod, the fried and fresh lumpia version.
2 kilos ubod (coconut heart) cut in shoestring manner, boiled and drained
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1/2 kilo shrimps, shelled and sliced in small portions
2 Tablespoons patis (thin sauce)
1/2 kilo boiled pork cut into think strips
salt and pepper to taste
3 pieces Green beans, sliced (optional for accent)
1 piece carrots, sliced(optional for accent)
Lettuce for the fresh lumpia version
Procedure for Ubod Mixture
1. Saute garlic and onion in very little oil in the saucepan.
2. Add the shrimps and patis until the fishy taste is gone.
3. Add the pork and bring to a boil.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the ubod and cook until tender.
6. Wrap ubod mixture in lumpia wrapper
- if fried, you can buy ready made wrapper at the supermarket. Tuck in green beans and carrots in between the ubod mixture. Deep fry and serve with vinegar-garlic mixture
- If fresh lumpia, Wrap Ubod mixture in lumpia wrapper (see recipe below) with a piece of lettuce inside. Serve with sauce (recipe below)
2 whole eggs
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Beat eggs until thick then add oil.
2. Mix in alternating with cornstarch and water. Season with salt.
3. Heat little oil in a teflon pan before using to prevent sticking.
4. When oil is hot, line the bottom of the pan with thin layer of batter and cook until wrapper can be easily taken off the pan. Tilt the pain to spread the batter evenly.
Yield is 12 pieces so make 3 recipes to wrap the above ubod mixture
1 cup sugar
3 cups water
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Melt sugar in a saucepan using low heat. In a bowl, mix a little water, soy sauce, cornstarch and salt and mix until it comes out into a smooth paste. Add all the water to this paste. Pour this mixture in the saucepan of melted sugar. Stir until thick
Google+ Recommend this recipe?