The origin of the “whore Spaghetti” was invented by one particular working girl. Another story is that it was the favorite recipe of the girls themselves. Yet another version of the putanesca recipe is that the name is only descriptive. Whatever the origin, the girls love flavors of Putanesca. I usually cook this pasta dish during birthdays or anniversary celebration. It’s so easy to cook.
8-12 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
8 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup capers
1/2 cup black olives
2 packs tomato paste (each pack is 150 grams)
1 cup water
6 whole tomatoes, stewed and chopped
Basil and Rosemary to taste
-2 cans anchovies in olive oil (no capers) , served separately – use flaked tuyo as substitute
-Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle
-Pasta noodles ( I used green fettuccini noodles for variety)
1. Heat olive oil.
2. Add garlic and onions.
3. Add chopped and cooked tomatoes.
4. Mix the tomato paste with 1 cup water and add to the mixture.
4. Add the capers, and olives.
5. Season with rosemary , thyme and basil.
6. Cook until you get the right consistency.