120 grams sliced mushrooms
30 grams butter
30 ml corn oil
60 grams chorizo Bilbao or Italian chorizo, thinly sliced
450 grams Italian Arborio Rice or Japanese Rice
1500 ml chicken stock
15 grams butter
100 grams parmesan cheese, grated
To taste iodized salt
For the Risotto
1. Heat the butter and oil in a medium brazier or a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the chopped onion and chorizo slices and sauté for about 2 minutes. Do not brown.
2. Add the rice and sauté until well-coated with the fat.
3. Using a small ladle, add a ladle full of the chicken stock to the rice. Stir the rice until the stock is absorbed and the rice is almost dry.
4. Add another ladle of the stock and repeat procedure. Do not add more than a ladle of stock at a time.
5. Stop adding stock when the rice is tender but still firm. It should be very moist and creamy, but not runny. The cooking should take about 25 to 30 minutes.
6. When done, remove from heat and stir in the butter, parmesan cheese, and salt to taste.
7. Serve hot.
Recipe is only for your personal use. Copyright of the recipe belongs to Culinary Institute of Aristocrat (CIA) . CIA, a boutique school , a culinary school in Manila has two flagship courses: offers “Fundamentals of Culinary Arts,” and “Home Bakeshop: From Concept to Operation.” It is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals, World Association of Chefs Societies, National Restaurant Association, American Culinary Federation. For more information about CIA, inquire at any branch of Aristocrat Restaurant or email [email protected].
2 thoughts on “Risotto with Chorizo and Mushrooms alla Parmigiana”