Noche Buena is never complete without the traditional chinese Ham. I always choose Majestic Ham because it isn’t too salty for me. The secret to their moist, mouthwatering ham products is in their curing process. Their hams are cured in oak barrels, aged for full flavor, and seasoned with select spices before being cooked to perfection. It’s my preference, of course especially since they are so established with 70 years of curing and cooking ham to perfection under their belt.
The common glaze used is pineapple but this time, I used Apple-cinnamon glaze.
Here’s the recipe for Chinese Ham with Apple Cinnamon Glaze:
1 2 to 3 kilos Chinese Cooked Ham
2 cups Apple Juice
1/4 cup cherry brandy
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 medium apple , chopped
2 pieces bay leaf
1 tsp cinnamon powder
slices of green and red cherries
toasted cashew nuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Place chinese ham in oven proof dish. Set aside
3. Combine apple juice, chopped apple, brown sugar, brandy, cinnamon powder and bay leaf.
4. Stir until brown sugar dissolves.
5. Pour on ham and bake for 20 minutes basting with marinade once in a while.
6. Arrange baked Chinese Ham in a serving platter.
7. Boil Extra sauce until thick.
8. Pour apple glaze on top.
9. Garnish with slices of apples, celery leaves, cashew nuts and red cherries
5 thoughts on “Noche Buena Dish: Majestic Chinese Ham”