Bico Recipe with Latik
Preparing Bico has got to be the simplest among the Kakanin varieties. There are just a few ingredients. If you prefer to use fresh coconut milk, refer to my tips on Extracting Coco Cream, Coco Milk and Making Latik which you will need for Bico Preparation
2 1/2 cups malagkit Bigas (Glutinous rice)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 pieces coconut magulang- 2-3 cups coconut milk ( see Extracting Coco Cream, Coco Milk and Making Latik )
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Topping is Latik ( see Extracting Coco Cream, Coco Milk and Making Latik )
1. Wash malagkit or glutinous rice then set aside.
2. Add sugar, coconut milk, vanilla (optional) and salt to the rice.
3. Cook 20-30 minutes until rice is tender, sticky and dry.
4. Transfer to a 9-inch pan that has been buttered on the sides. Pat bico evenly on the pan.
5. Add the latik as topping. ( see Extracting Coco Cream, Coco Milk and Making Latik )
Serve with ripe mangoes and hot chocolate.
Google+ Recommend this recipe?