I normally cook Creamy Carbonara but here is a recipe for those that can’t stand creamy pasta sauce. Here is the traditional Spaghetti Carbonara recipe which tastes just as heavenly as creamy carbonara.
500 grams spaghetti
6 quarts salted boiling water
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Add spaghetti noodles to salted boiling water, bring water back to a boil.
2. Cook spaghetti until Al Dent (barely tender) about 6-8 minutes (Tasting is the only way to test doneness. Never overcook pasta)
3. Add oil during the last 2 minutes. To keep spaghetti from sticking together wen it is drained.
4. Drain but leave hot, ready to use.
6-8 slices lean bacon, cut into large pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
2- 3 small pieces garlic, minced (I prefer more garlic)
4 egg whites
2-3 tablespoons Coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly grated black pepper to taste.
1. Cook bacon in olive oil crisp in moderate heat. If bacon is excessively fatty, pour off some of the bacon fat.
2.Add garlic during the last minute of cooking.
3. Working quickly, blend hot bacon-garlic sauce into hot spaghetti noodles in heated serving bowl.
4. Work in eggs quickly with grated cheese, tossing spaghetti.
5. Add pepper to taste.
6. Eggs will harden from the heat of the fat and spaghetti.
7. Serve at once. Delicious with Tossed green Salad and your favorite wine.