Pancit Molo or Filipino Wanton Soup
Pancit Molo has got to be the most requested soup dish in small gatherings at home. It’s been quite some time since I cooked Pancit Molo as it takes a lot of preparation as you will see below. But it is all worth it after you see the pleased expressions from your family members. Pancit Molo is best garnished with lots of toasted garlic. So here is the recipe for you to feast on.
Preparation is in three parts: the wrapper (if you want to make your own), the filling and the broth.
Let’s start with the wrapper
1 cup all purpose flour
2 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon salt
Enough cold water to make a dough
1. Place flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center.
2. Add eggs and water in the center of the flour.
3. Work it up to a paste and knead until smooth.
4. Roll thinly with cornstarch.
5. Cut to triangular shapes with 3 inches on two sides and shorter on one side.
Note: You can always buy ready-made wanton wrappers at the vegetable/cold storage section of the supermarket.
Next, the filling
1/4 kilo ground pork
1/4 kilo shrimps, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped singkamas
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
4 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in water then chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
3 dashes of sesame oil
salt and pepper.
1. Combine all ingredients of the filling.
2. Wrap into the wanton wrapper you have made.
3. Add a teaspoon of the filling mixture at one of the corners of the triangle shaped wrapper then close by rolling and joining the tips. Make sure to press the two free ends firmly together with water.
Lastly, let’s prepare the broth
1 head of garlic, crushed
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 kilo shrimps, shelled
salt and pepper to taste
12 cups chicken broth (the broth to cook 1 breast of chicken)
1 breast of boiled chicken, flaked
6 tablespoons chopped green onions,
1. Saute garlic in cooking oil until brown. Set aside half of the toasted garlic for garnishing.
2. Then add onions.
3. Place shrimps and season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour in chicken broth and chicken flakes and bring to a boil.
5. Drop in the stuffed wanton wrappers and boil for 10 minutes.
6. Pour in soup bowls and sprinkled with green onions and toasted garlic.
Super delicious soup.
Google+ Recommend this recipe?