I shared my recipe of The perfect chocolate cake a few years back. Many readers gave so many rave reviews. Why not? it has just the right amount of that chocolate-ness and fudge icing. I often bake this cake during birthday celebrations. Sometimes my relatives order this cake but I avoid baking for profit. I bake out of love.
This time around, let me share another version. Chef Christine ‘Kittin’ Zenarosa from the Cookbook Kitchen gave a truly exceptional baking demonstration at The Maya Kitchen for her Moist Chocolate cake.
1cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups boiling water
2 ¾ cups MAYA All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup cocoa
¾ cup sugar
2 tablespoons MAYA All Purpose Flour
2 ½ cups milk
1. In a bowl, mix unsweetened cocoa with boiling water; mix with wire whisk until smooth. Set aside and cool completely.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together, except the sugar.
3. In a large bowl of mixer, using paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, eggs, & vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. At a low speed, beat in flour mixture and liquid cocoa mixture alternately, ending with flour mixture.
5. Pour equally into three 9-inch round pans.
6. Bake in 350°F / 177°C oven for 25-30 minutes.
7. Mix all choco icing ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour hot icing immediately to cover cake.